Custom Cobra Stellar Stiletto Crossover

Your fellow HISS tanker TheWilloughbian made this custom Cobra Stellar Stiletto crossover, The Red Rocker !

” I have been wanting to do a Stellar Stiletto since I first got into custom toys and I am very pleased with it and very excited to share. I debated a long time about colors and decided the the guy who designed it in the first place knew what he was doing. It’s such a great mold. The details are just awesome. I had a fun time painting them all.”

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.

1. TheWilloughbian's Avatar TheWilloughbian says

I finally got it done. I have been wanting to do a Stellar Stiletto since I first got into custom toys and I am very pleased with it and very excited to share. I debated a long time about colors and decided the the guy who designed it in the first place knew what he was doing. It's such a great mold. The details are just awesome. I had a fun time painting them all.

I hope you like it.

2. galactron22's Avatar galactron22 says

Cool, the gold makes it look like something out of Flash Gordon A+++.

3. DARKWIND's Avatar DARKWIND says

Too dope!!
    Loving the Flash Gordon style it has!
    I could see it in the movie!!!

4. Dragasses's Avatar Dragasses says

Originally Posted by esg2145 View Post
    ...........and here I was expecting Sammy Hagar?
    and I can say, without hyperbole, that what you got was 1,000,000,000,000x better.

5. Tankster's Avatar Tankster says

Damn!! makes me want one of those Bastards!!! such smooth painting it does feel like it was created with references to the 40s and 50s Sci-Fi genera

6. IIIzoeIII's Avatar IIIzoeIII says

very nice,never noticed how well that was sculpted till now
    looks very retro

7. TheWilloughbian's Avatar TheWilloughbian says

Thanks, fellows. I'm really glad the retro Sci-Fi vibe came through. I figured a good retro spaceship needed two things. Lots of fire power and lots of chrome.

I know that I often speak ill of Tamiya paints, but, I love what happens when you hit their flat red with a black wipe and buff it to a gloss. You can really work some cool finishes with Tamiya. I just wish it didn't chip so easy. It also takes 3-4 months to cure fully. It's kind of neat to see how the color deepens as it does cure, though.

Thanks for the comments.