G.I JOE #1 Relaunch 5 Page Preview

idw 2013 gijoe relaunch1

YO JOE! The truth is out: the world knows the G.I. JOE team is real. Now Duke leads his squad directly into the public eye, confronting COBRA on American soil! The best of the best just got better, as Fred Van Lente and Steve Kurth lead the charge and we roll out one new G.I. Joe title a month for the next three months!

G.I JOE #1 On-sale Feb. 20

Sound off on the HISSTANK.com forums about the new GIJOE comics that are about to hit.

1. ndb has no avatar! ndb says

I must say, that's a lot better than what I was figuring. I like it so far, but we shall see on Wednesday.

The kung-fu grip joke did make me lol, however.

2. angelofdeath69 has no avatar! angelofdeath69 says

I like how they resolved the thing with the public face, but the uniform design is not to my liking really.

3. thairestauranteur's Avatar thairestauranteur says

Pretty neat artwork! Reminds me of Jim Lee's, Rob Liefeld's, and Whilce Portacio's!

G.I.Joe's art has never been so good!

4. SolidSnakeEyes's Avatar SolidSnakeEyes says

That art makes me want to be sick. The visual realism has been sapped from this title...and the idea that it's reminiscent of Rob Liefeld is terrifying. He's one of, if not the worst comic artist to ever stay in the mainstream spotlight.

Oh, GI Joe...

5. Bleak5170's Avatar Bleak5170 says

And the winner of the Most Improved Artist Award is...

Seriously, while still not perfect, (probably more suited to a superhero book), Kurth's pencils have improved dramatically.

6. Renegade's Avatar Renegade says

This looks pretty cool so far. And hey, by the first page, there was a big battle scene! The line between war comic/action comic may be handled right if this keeps up. Also, the political aspects, and public figure role of GI Joe might actually coming across nicely, as per this mini preview. I will have to see more to be sure. But I think the writer could possibly bring a new feeling into this layer of the GI Joe universe.

I don't care much for the super hero-esque uniforms, but hey, the art is looking great so far. I think if it gets better, this will be one comic that everybody might want to watch for. Just, please, lose the bright, skintight gear and make the Joes look a little more serious. I know GI Joe has had neon phases and such, but it was never that popular with the fans. I wouldn't even be mad at something closer to the movie designs.

7. Rainbow Viper's Avatar Rainbow Viper says

as predicted...this looks and reads AWFUL. bad ripoff of avengers, bad jokes, bad art direction, bad color palette, bad execution. I can only imagine what it will be like when the anonymous blogger, Gossip Girl, I mean Hashtag enters. I'm so offended by this.

Keep reading: G.I JOE #1 Relaunch 5 Page Preview - Page 2