You’ve seen images of the proposed Cobra Sentinel Automaton in recent days via the Official Facebook Page and from other Joe sites (I’m looking at you, JBL).
We’ve received word this morning that the Cobra Sentinel Automaton Kickstarter Campaign is now LIVE! Here’s the scoop from the Campaign:
Remember the Sentinel? The giant snake-themed robot that went mano a mano with the giant temple guardian? The mechanized monster just blew us away. As kids, we had to have one but sadly it was not meant to be. The automaton that towered over the Major existed only in a cartoon and was never produced in action figure form. However, that is about to change. 30 some odd years later, we would like to bring Sentinel to life so that you can own a piece of your childhood history!
With your help, this project is designed to bring the Sentinel to our collections. The Sentinels will be produced overseas in an action figure factory. They will be PVC injection molded to bring to you a top quality figure that will hold up to all the attacks and poses you put the Sentinel in.
The money we need to raise is for the manufacturing of the injection molds and the production of the Sentinels. With your help we can make your childhood dream a reality.
Contributors to the campaign can select from the following categories –
- A pledge of $1 gets you a huge THANK YOU!
- A pledge of $15 to $25 gets you a file card of the Cobra Sentinel
- A pledge of $35 to $45 gets you the file card along with blueprints detailing all the info about the Cobra Sentinel
- A pledge of $125 gets you the Cobra Sentinel with file card & blueprints
- A pledge of $135 or more gets you the Sentinel, file card, blueprints and a full color illustration of the Sentinel
The campaign will be running through Friday, May 12th, so get your pledges in if you’d like to see the Cobra Sentinel become a reality!