The GI Joe Collector’s Club has updated their JoeCon page with images of their exclusive 12 inch box set! Check it out!
Articles Related to G.I. Joe 12 Inch Collectibles
The G.I.Joe Collectors club has sent out word that carded Big Lob figures are now available through the Club store. If you want to recreate the G.I.Joe Rawhides on your shelf like HISSTANK.com forum member 46 Zone did in the image shared here, then now’s your chance!
For those that are still waiting on their membership incentive bagged Big Lob, the Club noted that all figures have shipped and provided the following information:
Domestic-shipped June 14th
Foreign-shipping today via FedX (June 21st)
Domestic roughly 3 weeks for delivery (roughly July 5)
Foreign roughly 4-6 weeks for delivery (roughly July 19-August 2 timeframe)
The extra figures for both the 12″ and 3 3/4″ including the accessory set for the Man of Mysteries and the carded Big Lob are now in the store. They will not ship until the convention non-attending figures ship.Extra convention items will be in the store later this week.
Join us after the break for continuing discussion on Big Lob from the Collectors Club!
The G.I.Joe Convention Website has been updated with images of both boxes for this years exclusive offerings. The Force of Battle 2000 box set includes 15 Modern Era style figures. The Return to the lost temple Box set includes 2 12″ figures and accessories. Included in the sets are –
G.I.Joe Battleforce 2000
- Avalanche, Blaster, Blocker, Dodger, Knockdown, Maverick, Cobra B.A.T. Squad Leader, Cobra B.A.T. v1.8
Return to the Lost Temple
- Painted Head Figure; Marine Jungle Uniform; Belt; Canteen and Cover; .45 and Holster; Boonie Hat; Vinyl Shoulder Radio; Flame Thrower; Tall Brown Boots; M-16 Rifle; Machete and Scabbard and Dog tag; Flocked Head Figure; Jungle Survival Uniform; Tall Black Boots; Belt with Canteen; two Snake Anti-Venom Pouches; Pith Helmet; Yellow Short Radio; First Aid Kit; Compass; Machete and Scabbard; Tranquillizer Rifle; Equipment Storage Crate; Dog Tag; Knuckle Knife; Snake and Golden Cobra Staff.
Will you be adding either set to your collection? Skipping them all together? Sound off after the break.
1000toys 1/6 TOA Heavy Industries “STORM SHADOW” Available at Wondercon Anaheim 2017.
1/6 TOA Heavy Industries “STORM SHADOW”
BAIT Booth (#1819)
March 31st – April 2nd
G.I.JOE × TOA Heavy Industries
Our second collaboration project with BAIT is none other than Storm Shadow, the arch enemy of Snake Eyes, in the same G.I.JOE × TOA Heavy Industries style!
“I remember you…”
Storm Shadow, in his white ninja garb which symbolizes ‘death’, ambushes Snake Eyes who was on a rescue mission.
His left eye glistens from under the mask, and slowly draws the bow towards his old arch enemy.
The duel of fate between white and black, is once again repeated after a distant time…
The G.I.Joe Collectors Club Store has been updated with 3 new pre-orders for your shopping pleasure. Included in the pre-orders are something for both 4″ and 12″ scale collectors:2017 Club Exclusive 12” Darkon-Gor: Half Man Half Monster – $72.00
- Merging the concepts of two 1970s Super Joe figure concepts, Darkon and Gor, This SUPER-articulated 12” figure homage continues the story of Sebastian Gorman from the 2013 GIJoeCon “Secret Mission To Dragon Island” figure set. Gorman’s fate was left a mystery, but NOW it is revealed! He comes in a green uniform with belt, tall black pull-on boots, back pack emitter, and his Vac-Metalized Lightning Lance!Mini comic included! Quantities are SUPER limited!
- This is a 12” figure homage to the short lived 8” Super Joe figures from the late 1970s! This SUPER-articulated figure comes dressed in his classic black uniform with insignia, yellow piping and tall black pull-on boots! His hair and beard are flocked (unlike the original 8” figures molded beard) and he comes with an “Ion Emitter” and “Plasma Rifle” presented in the classic SUPER JOE color scheme. Also included is an enemy Beast mutated by Terron Industries! Mini comic included! Quantities are SUPER limited!
- The Cobra Officer has dispatched a trio of her female troopers to observe, identify, and report on their assigned G.I. Joe targets. These versatile infantry fighters are strict enforcers of their commander’s orders. They slip far behind enemy lines for intelligence gathering missions and then escape undetected!This G.I. Joe Collector’s Club exclusive three pack set features an all NEW masked female head sculpt (with ponytail in three different hair colors: red, black & brown). It’s the perfect troop builders for your COBRA army! These modern style/fully poseable 3 3/4″ action figures will be polybagged and include: removable helmets, assault rifles, pistols, combat knives, figure stands and file cards.
Will you be adding any or all of these pre-orders to your collection? Sound off after the break!
Back in 2015, we shared word of the latest pre-order in Gentle Giant‘s jumbo A Real American Hero line, the G.I.Joe Bazooka Trooper, Zap. Fast forward to 2017, namely yesterday, when HissTank.com forum member Kane429 gave us the heads up that his pre-order for Zap was cancelled. Oddly enough, not only was the order cancelled (through GG), but any mention of G.I.Joe is also gone from their site.
However, with that said, online retailers such as BigBadToyStore still show the item in stock, but that’s not to say that any order placed won’t be cancelled somewhere in the future. We’ll try to dig a bit deeper and find out of this cancellation is across the board.
What’s your take on this and the Jumbo ARAH line as a whole? Are you bummed to hear about the cancellation, or could you care less? Share your thoughts with us after the break!
Yesterday evening, the G.I.Joe Club website was updated with new reveals of their 2017 membership incentive figures. First up, the Man of Mysteries!
This is the Man of Mysteries: The Arcane Adventurer! He is all decked out in this MOCK UP image, in his add-on accessory set (purchased separately). When the adventure gets too weird, the team calls in THIS GUY!
This Club Exclusive 12″ Action Figure comes FREE to active members who select the 12″ option dressed in his shirt and shorts! The add-on set (purchased separately) will complete the figure! The accessory set will include:
-glow-in-the-dark samurai sword
-glow-in-the-dark “mummy case”
This FREE figure wearing shirt and shorts ONLY will be sent to any G.I. Joe Club member that selects the 12″ figure option and whose membership is active by March 16th, 2017.
Make sure you’re an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club to receive 12 monthly issues of the Club Magazine, access to Club Exclusives, Discounts for the International G.I. Joe Collectors’ Convention, and your choice of a FREE 3 3/4″ or 12″ G.I. Joe action figure for 2017!
Back in in the war G.I. Joe was a specialist serving as a Marine Jungle Fighter. During an undocumented mission in and undocumented area, something went terribly wrong and they were being over run. As he was evacuating due to an impending air strike, he fell into some sort of ancient buried temple that appeared to have something to do with the worship of snakes. Using his flamethrower for illumination, he realized that… the snakes were still there! As he was fighting his way out through the snakes something caught his eye, a golden cobra shaped staff. There was no time to get to it out. The airstrike was inbound and he had to evac!
For years this memory haunted Joe and led him to his current career in the Adventure Team as their Jungle Explorer. Where was the old temple? Was that golden staff still there? Did it really happen, or was it just a hallucination? He spent years researching and searching for this lost temple. Now he thinks he has finally found the answers!
This year’s 12” Convention Set is based on the vintage Marine Jungle Fighter and the Adventure Team, Jungle Survival accessory set. It comes with: Painted Head Figure; Marine Jungle Uniform; Belt; Canteen and Cover; .45 and Holster; Boonie Hat; Vinyl Shoulder Radio; Flame Thrower; Tall Brown Boots; M-16 Rifle; Machete and Scabbard and Dog tag; Flocked Head Figure; Jungle Survival Uniform; Tall Black Boots; Belt with Canteen; two Snake Anti-Venom Pouches; Pith Helmet; Yellow Short Radio; First Aid Kit; Compass; Machete and Scabbard; Tranquillizer Rifle; Equipment Storage Crate; Dog Tag and Golden Cobra Staff.
It also comes with a Mini-Comic with a surprise ending!
Looks like the Club has quite a bit in store for 12″ G.I.Joe collectors! Are you a fan of this year’s offerings? Sound off after the break!
The GI Joe Collector’s Club is bringing in a very limited amount of 12 inch 50th Anniversary Action Man figures on their website. Check out the awesome builds after the jump.
* Army Ski Patrol
* British Infantryman
* Marine Paratrooper
* Action Soldier
Having a bad day? Allow Subaru and Hasbro to brighten it up.
Subaru Australia join hands with Hasbro for a marketing campaign featuring the original G. I. Joe (with Kung-Fu Grip, YO!). The car distributor has licensed the action figure to star in a campaign for the new Subaru Levorg. It’s absolutely wonderful to see Hasbro actively participating on G. I. Joe marketing again, even if it’s oldschool.
“G.I. Joe adds a great deal of value to the campaign on a number of levels,” said Born Licensing director David Born.
“It creates a sense of nostalgia amongst their target demographic, tapping into the existing positive feelings consumers have about the brand. It also makes the campaign more likely to be talked about, shared and related to by their target audience.”
Amanda Leaney, national marketing manager at Subaru Australia, added: “Authenticity is very important for our brand, therefore crucial that we used the original G.I Joe for the launch of the all-new, all-action Levorg, not a generic action figure.”
These fun advertisements also features one of Lou Reed‘s hit songs where the singer ask “Little Joe” to take a Walk on the Wild Side.
Check out the primary commercial and TV Spots, after the jump.