Hasbro has recently applied for the G. I. Joe logo trademark at the United States Patent And Trademark Office.
What’s interesting is the fact that they have applied for the log0 which we saw during the 80s Era of G. I. Joe rather than the modern one. The document submitted contains an attachment with the logo under the description of “The mark consists of the words G.I. JOE followed by three bars, with a star on top of the “J” in the JOE portion”.
The trademark is filed under “Toy action figures and accessories for use therewith”.
While we believe that this may have been a move on Hasbro’s part to strengthen their trademark portfolio by renewing old ones, we cannot help but wonder if this means new action figures. In fact, It was not too long ago that we heard Hasbro planning to revitalize the brand.
You can check out additional information and the logo, after the jump.
- Serial Number: 87641746
- Word Mark: G.I. JOE
- Status: 630 – New Application – Record Initialized Not Assigned To Examiner
- Status Date: 2017-10-19
- Indication of Colors claimed: Color is not claimed as a feature of the mark.
- Description of Mark: The mark consists of the words G.I. JOE followed by three bars, with a star on top of the “J” in the JOE portion.
- Goods and Services: Toy action figures and accessories for use therewith
- Party Name: Hasbro, Inc.
- Party Type: 10 – Original Applicant
- Legal Entity Type: 03 – Corporation