HISSTANK attended the Licensing Con Brazil event and Marcelo Masotti – Head of Licensing, Hasbro Brazil announced that the toy company will debut a brand new animated series based on G.I. Joe.
The series is set to release in 2022 with season 2 in 2023.
But wait, there’s moe!
During a sizzle reel, a brief clip from the show was shown to the audience. You can check out our description of the clip, after the jump.
Clip description (Spoilers!)
The clip was animated like what we usually see on a typical flashback scene. Moving characters to a static background akin to Mortal Kombat X Endings. Could just be placeholder concept art. Barely 2 seconds.
Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are fighting a couple of enemies. Both their designs are brand new and futuristic.
- Snake Eyes looks a lot like a black Power Ranger.
- Wears bladed gauntlets like Classified Series Storm Shadow art (most popularly known as Batman Gauntlets).
- Silver visor.
- No weapon. Just a [email protected]$$ kick.
- Looks a lot like Marvel character Crossbones.
- White high-collar jacket, no sleeves.
- Like Snake Eyes, wears the same gauntlets.
- Dual-wielding two Tang-hooked Katanas.
- Two males. One bare-chested (tattooed?)
- Wearing Japanese demon masks.
- Bare-chested enemy wields double-ended Japanese Shoge Hook.
- The other wields a straight sword while receiving a knee kick to the chest from Snake Eyes.
- Top of a building. Helipad?
- Neon signboards can be seen in the city.
- 4th of July like fireworks; reminiscent of the intro of G.I. Joe: The Movie.