The 6th volume of the terrific series 3.75″ Joe: Creating G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero has just launched on Kickstarter!
Put your pledge in now!!!
The sixth book in the series, “3.75 Inch Joe: The Special Forces Team that forged an American Hero (Volume 6)” is an 80 page, 9”X10” library of designs and stories ranging from 1982-1994, including some unproduced concepts! This fully colored book will be printed on 100# paper in a Soft Perfect Bind format with a visible spine like a graphic novel. Although there have been many books written about G.I. Joe®, what makes “3.75 Inch Joe: The Special Forces Team that forged an American Hero” series unique is the fact that the information shared within the book comes from exclusive interviews with former employees who worked on the G.I. Joe® brand. Some of the things to expect include:
• The inspiration and influences behind the different figures and vehicles straight from the designers’ point of view…
• Alternate names for figures and vehicles pulled from Larry Hama’s dossiers or from the original concepts themselves…
• Insider stories from former employees ranging from Marketing to Engineering regarding the changes that occurred during the design process…
• Conceptual designs and photographs that will show the progression and different stages of creating a figure or vehicle. This includes concept pencils and inks, sculpture sheets, color studies, color presentation art, models, and much much more!
Which characters and vehicles will be included in Volume 6?
•Grunt• Tripwire • Falcon and Viper Gliders & Grunt and Viper Pilot • Wildbill • Dragonfly• Zartan • Swampskier & Dreadnoks • Buzzer • Ripper • Torch • Thrasher • Mainframe • Falcon • AGP • Nullifier • Budo • Hardball • Downtown• Alley Viper • Subzero & Freefall • Heavy Duty • Eco Warrior Flint • Eco Warrior Cesspool • Ninja Force Dojo • Ninja Force Slice •Anarchy Solider & Unknown figure•
• Grunt (3 separate spreads…6 pages total)
• Wildbill (2 separate spreads….4 pages total)
• Dragonfly (3 separate spreads…6 pages total)
• Zartan (2 separate spreads…4 pages total )
There will be 11”X17” prints available of the two-page spreads which will be printed on 100# paper. They will display beautifully framed or in a shadow box where you can also display your favorite Joe or Cobra toy that fits within these dimensions! (page numbers will be removed)